Writing on the Casa wall

Monday, February 27, 2006

Introduction

I am Marcel Timalin. Right now I am re-writing the whole of aips++ as casa.
This blog is going to reflect my thought process as I progress. Already done quite a lot of work and gotten some work that is going to be released soon.

I am doing this as a favor and working for free ( My father has enough money to support me). I live in Nice.

It was found that Radio Astronomy software cannot be effectively be written by a group. Single genius is necessary otherwise the radio astronomy software have fundamental bugs. That is a well know radio astronomy axiom. It is called the cottonology of radio astronomy software

And look what i have done. A large part of the functionality of aips++ have been rewritten by me in less than 6 weeks of work. And work typically for me is waking up in the morning, have breakfast of croissant and cafe au lait on the riviera. Then have lunch with wine. Work for 2 hours. Then hang out on the beach or drive my Aston-Martin around till dinner time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home